Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update on Life

Well, there's a lot of nothing going on really, but I'm making changes to help turn nothing into something. I've been pretty bad about it this week, but I'm attempting to work out, eat better, take vitamins, and sleep more at night. So far, so good. I feel better and can concentrate more. I'm starting to feel more like myself, but its going to be more than just a couple weeks worth of change to fully get myself there.

In vet school news, out of the multitude of schools I applied to, I got 0 acceptances, lots of rejections, and 2 alternate lists. 2 alternate lists is better than what I got last year (so that's nice), but its still nothing definite. I have no idea what I will be doing or where I will be in 4-5 months. I can't hear back off of the alternate lists until after April 15th which is getting closer. I'm not holding my breath for Michigan State, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for Kansas State.

I'm meeting with one of my graduate committee members today to talk about potentially changing my masters to something I'm more interested in as a plan B. If I don't get a call back from KState, I want to do something with public health or animal reproduction (both of which I would be interested in studying in vet school anyway). We'll see how that meeting goes and what my options are. I'm hoping I don't need plan B, but it will be nice to have a plan just in case.

So for now, I'm going to go do some research on classes I can take. I will update soon... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment